It is estimated that 31% of men experience premature ejaculation. That’s a lot of men.
When we struggle to make sex last, our relationships suffer and our confidence crashes. That’s a lot of men under immense stress, and a lot of relationships on the line.
If you’re looking for practical, science-based techniques for developing your sexual confidence, that’s what this project is about. I’m Jason Dean, a psychotherapist based in the UK.
Six things you should know about PE
- It’s the most common sexual worry for men.
- Some men naturally ejaculate faster than others, for a multitude of reasons. The problem might be ‘lifelong’, acquired or just occur now and again.
- There are pills that can help temporarily, but there is no medical ‘cure’.
- There are sprays and gadgets that can help.
- There are techniques for managing sexual excitement and learning how to last longer.
- Whatever your age, experience or genetics, these techniques can work for you.
Intrigued? Here are some starter links
- Understand the basics: what is PE? What are the treatments?
- Kegels, edging, deep breaths… why don’t these approaches work?
- Understand the benefits and risks of medication.
- Read the advice articles for sexual technique, managing arousal and why comparing yourself to men in porn is a bad idea.
- Get involved in the project, ask questions and share your experience.
The Bang On Time mindset
See this challenge as an opportunity to grow. No matter what you might have tried before, there is always another angle. The potential benefits are: awesome sex, better health, better relationships, more confidence in all areas of your life.
PE feels like a massive hit to your masculinity, I know. But it doesn’t have to be this way. Learn how to stop clinging to old sexual routines. Be everything you can be, for you and your partner.