It is estimated that 31% of men experience premature ejaculation. That’s a lot of men.
When we struggle to make sex last, our relationships suffer and our confidence crashes. That’s a lot of men under immense stress, and a lot of relationships on the line.
If you’re looking for practical, science-based techniques for developing your sexual confidence, that’s what this project is about. I’m Jason Dean, a psychotherapist based in the UK.
Six things you should know about PE
- It’s the most common sexual worry for men.
- Some men naturally ejaculate faster than others, for a multitude of reasons. The problem might be ‘lifelong’, acquired or just occur now and again.
- There are pills that can help temporarily, but there is no medical ‘cure’.
- There are sprays and creams that can help, a bit.
- There are techniques for managing sexual excitement and learning how to last longer.
- Whatever your age, experience or genetics, there is a strategy for you.
Intrigued? Here are some starter links
- Understand the basics: what is PE? What are the treatments?
- Kegels, edging, deep breaths… why don’t these approaches work?
- Understand the benefits and risks of medication.
- Read the advice articles for sexual technique, managing arousal and why comparing yourself to men in porn is a bad idea.
- Get involved in the project, ask questions and share your experience.
PE feels like a hit to your masculinity, I know. But as a therapist specialising in men’s health, I aim to provide sensible, proven advice and techniques.